Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day Three



 "He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." Ps. 91:4

 I was looking through all of the pictures that were taken on Thursday and this one really struck me. This is how I see God taking care of me. He is strong, looking out making sure I am safe. He is protecting, keeping His arms around me to shield me. He is gentle, lovingly holding me close when I am sad, lonely and scared. 

I love the look on Chris' face. It captures the feeling of strength, protection and love all at the same time. The girls' and I are so blessed to have him. Even though he is not here physically we feel his arms holding us and taking care of us. He worked so hard to make sure that things were taken care of before he left.  He showed me how to do things that I normally don't have to do.

I also love the look on G's face. She looks safe. I am sure that she feels the same way I do when Chris is holding on to me. Like no matter what happens he will keep me safe. Our 4 girls are so blessed to not only have an earthly father who loves them and protects them, but they also have a heavenly Father who does the same.

Ps. 46:1-2 "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea..."

2 comments:

  1. after three days of reading your blog, I have learned my lesson. I WILL NOT open your blog until I am adequately stocked with a least on tissue in my hand.

    Beautiful, and touching :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, what an amazing women you are... and I am sure that Chris feels just as fortunate to have you!!! Love you and keeping you all in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete