(Kendra, Jill, Elyzabeth, me, JB)
A few words from the Diva's:
Elyzabeth:
I went into this deployment not knowing how I was going to survive. Even before Steven left I felt alone and distant from everyone, especially my husband. I was just trying to get used to life by myself. I thought I pretty much had to go through this deployment on my own. Yes, my family and friends would be there but they just wouldn't understand exactly what I was going through. Then I started hanging out with a few girls from the FRG and/or through friends. We were all different and unique on our own but put us together, we are soul friends! I wouldn't have been able to make it through this deployment without these girls. They have kept me sane, uplifted and going strong. I may have only met these girls a year or less ago but I have felt like I have known them forever. I am proud to have the Divas tattooed on me! I love them so much and without them this year would have sucked way worse than it did!!! You, DIVAS, are my SOUL FRIENDS!!!!
Kendra:
Having gone through one deployment I knew I would need lots of support. I wanted to be a part of the FRG and wanted to be involved so I would be able to meet people who knew what I was going through and could understand all of my little crazy quirks and would really "Get Me". I found all of that and more with these AMAZING 4 women. We truly all bring out the best (and sometimes the worst) in each other! They have all made me feel like I could call them at any hour of the day and they would just sit & talk to me on the phone if I needed them to. What a unique gift I have in their friendships. We have gone through something that has tested our patience, and I think we all found that we were stronger and could handle so much more than we ever thought possible. I thank God for each one of these special women. If every cloud has a silver lining, my Divas were a BIG silver lining. Our year is almost up, but I know I will have these women in my life forever. Love you girls!!
Jill:
I want to start out by saying I never thought I would be in this place. A year without my husband but with four amazing women who I couldn't imagine my life without from this point on. My husband joined the Army just over a year ago after many months of trying to deicide what was right for us. We knew deployment was inevitable but I also knew this life is something he's wanted his whole life and I wasn't going to hold him back from that so we went for it. In July of 2010 I was approached with an opportunity to join the FRG and after talking to my husband about it I deicided to go for it in hopes of meeting people who were going through the same feelings I was. Along the way I met Elyzabeth, Kendra, JB, and Sarah. We call ourselves the "Deployment Divas". I never thought I would need a group of girls as much as I have needed and relied on them. They have made this past year not only bearable but enjoyable. They will always have a piece of my heart, no matter where the road of life takes us. You ladies mean more to me than you will ever know. I love you all, in your own special, crazy way. I thank God for you every day and I know I always will. Thank you for being there whenever I've needed you!!!
JB
I started out in the deployment feeling alone. The truth is I felt alone even before the depoyment started. I think I was mentally preparing myself for a year alone with my two kiddos. Then I was invited to spend the evening at Kendra's house. That night was the turning point of this deployment. I no longer felt alone. I met girls that "got me" and we were in the same boat together. I spent that night with Jill, Kendra, and Elyzabeth. We just clicked, and I have been laughing with these girls ever since. Later, I met Sarah and us girls became known as the "deployment divas". I couldn't imagine the past year without these girls, and I know we'll be friends for life! I thank God for each of you every day, and I'm overjoyed we can finally say that we are almost done with this deployment! We made it girls!!!
Kendra:
Having gone through one deployment I knew I would need lots of support. I wanted to be a part of the FRG and wanted to be involved so I would be able to meet people who knew what I was going through and could understand all of my little crazy quirks and would really "Get Me". I found all of that and more with these AMAZING 4 women. We truly all bring out the best (and sometimes the worst) in each other! They have all made me feel like I could call them at any hour of the day and they would just sit & talk to me on the phone if I needed them to. What a unique gift I have in their friendships. We have gone through something that has tested our patience, and I think we all found that we were stronger and could handle so much more than we ever thought possible. I thank God for each one of these special women. If every cloud has a silver lining, my Divas were a BIG silver lining. Our year is almost up, but I know I will have these women in my life forever. Love you girls!!
Jill:
I want to start out by saying I never thought I would be in this place. A year without my husband but with four amazing women who I couldn't imagine my life without from this point on. My husband joined the Army just over a year ago after many months of trying to deicide what was right for us. We knew deployment was inevitable but I also knew this life is something he's wanted his whole life and I wasn't going to hold him back from that so we went for it. In July of 2010 I was approached with an opportunity to join the FRG and after talking to my husband about it I deicided to go for it in hopes of meeting people who were going through the same feelings I was. Along the way I met Elyzabeth, Kendra, JB, and Sarah. We call ourselves the "Deployment Divas". I never thought I would need a group of girls as much as I have needed and relied on them. They have made this past year not only bearable but enjoyable. They will always have a piece of my heart, no matter where the road of life takes us. You ladies mean more to me than you will ever know. I love you all, in your own special, crazy way. I thank God for you every day and I know I always will. Thank you for being there whenever I've needed you!!!
JB
I started out in the deployment feeling alone. The truth is I felt alone even before the depoyment started. I think I was mentally preparing myself for a year alone with my two kiddos. Then I was invited to spend the evening at Kendra's house. That night was the turning point of this deployment. I no longer felt alone. I met girls that "got me" and we were in the same boat together. I spent that night with Jill, Kendra, and Elyzabeth. We just clicked, and I have been laughing with these girls ever since. Later, I met Sarah and us girls became known as the "deployment divas". I couldn't imagine the past year without these girls, and I know we'll be friends for life! I thank God for each of you every day, and I'm overjoyed we can finally say that we are almost done with this deployment! We made it girls!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment