A Day of Remembrance and Honor.
I don't have eloquent words to express the thoughts and feelings felt by me and so many others today. All I can say is Thank You. Thank you to the men and women who gave their lives to save others. Not all of you wore a uniform but your actions were worthy of hero status. Thank you to those who are defending our country today because of what took place that day. Thank you to those who are living out your commitment to serve our country and protect those here at home. Thank you for putting duty above self.
I don't know how I would have responded if I were right in the midst of it. Would I have only thought of myself or would I have stopped to make sure others knew the way out? Or would fear have paralyzed me? I can see a correlation between my response in the tragedy of 9-11 and the sharing of my faith. Do I want to know God and have a relationship with Him because I want to have the peace that comes from knowing Him and have eternal life? Have I accepted Him into my heart because I'm afraid of the eternal consequences of not doing so? Or do I pour myself into a relationship with Jesus Christ and give Him all of me so that I can be full of His love and turn around and lead others to Him?
To be honest, I can't say with 100% certainty that I know exactly how I would have responded or would respond if I faced it today. Nor can I say that I use my relationship with the Saviour to share openly and freely to those who are lost. It's so much easier to talk to those who already know the truth. What kind of a Christian am I? Surely not one who is living out my commitment regardless of consequence. Lord help me.
No comments:
Post a Comment