Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day Two hundred and fifty-two

I'm writing this post with mix emotions. Sadness. Grief. Relief. Peace.

This morning my dad went into the presence of Jesus and was transformed into a whole cancer-free man. I was blessed to be able to be with him and hold his hand during his last breaths.

Most of you will never know or understand the depth of which God's amazing grace has been at work in the lives of me, my Dad and my family. It's a story that I thought would never have a happy ending. It astonishes me how God can take a really hard situation and make it in to something beautiful.

I love you Dad,
xoxoxo Sammy

1 comment:

  1. I am SO very proud of you for wholeheartedly putting your trust in God and watching Him do amazing things these past couple of years - you encourage and inspire me and challenge my faith as well.
    You have done an incredible job of showing genuine love to your Dad and your family, even when it was hard, and they are definitely better because of it.
    I pray that God will continue to give you strength for each day, one day at a time, and that He will also keep revealing Himself to you in marvelous ways.
    I love you and am here for you, Sarah. Sending extra hugs and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete