Friday, July 22, 2011

Day Two hundred and sixty-seven

I'm posting early today because I have a MOPS leadership retreat tonight through tomorrow.

Mixed emotions seems to be the theme of my life lately. I want to go tonight, but I also just want to stay home and go to bed. I want to spend some time with the MOPS girl's but I also just want to be alone and go to bed. I want to go and giggle and be silly, but I also just want to mope and go to bed. 

A couple of things that are certain is that I know there will be better days coming, I won't always feel this way and God will always be faithful.

"I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow." Jeremiah 31:13b

A sweet friend texted me this morning and told me, "The scriptures from Joshua come to mind. God tells him 3x to 'be strong and courageous' -not on his own power, but because GOD is with him. The same God is with you today." She is right. I don't have to do this all on my own and with my own strength. He is right there with His open arms waiting for me to come to Him and get the strength I need. So why is it so hard to just let go when I know it's God I'm surrendering the hurt to? Why must I try and do it on my own? She then went on to say, "I know it makes sense to not let things get messy. But God shows us time and time again that He wants to get IN the mess with us and bring healing-we just have to let Him."
Once again she is right on. It's easier said than done, but she is right.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”  Joshua 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment