Here I am sitting on my couch with my laptop wondering what I should say. Should I proclaim the faithfulness of God? Should I complain about being lonely? Is it possible to be feeling both at the same time? 'Cause I am. Maybe I am just not thankful enough or I'm not relying on God enough. I just can't seem to shake this feeling.
Then I think about how God brought Chris and I together. He saw how we needed each other. How we could make each other better by being connected than we could be on our own. God, in His wisdom, guided our paths so they would intersect. So it's natural for me to want, miss, need, and desire to be near my husband. Just wish I could actually be near him now.
Since I can't change this season in our marriage, I have to find a way to make due, endure, and come out stronger on the other side. The only way I can do that is to put my faith in God. Use His strength to get me through each day, hour, minute and second. I have to trust that God's ways are higher than my own. He knows what tomorrow will bring and I do not. And while that drives me totally crazy, I will keep trusting. I will keep believing that His plans for me are ones that are for my benefit and for my good.
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails."
Proverbs 19:21
Chris,
I miss you so much. We are almost to the half-way point~~only 3 more days until we can start the down hill side of this journey.
You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. (a side from my relationship with God, of course) Knowing you love me makes this time bareable. Thank you for working so hard, for giving your all to our country, and for loving me with your actions. There are so many days when I don't deserve your love, but you love me anyway.
I love you!
Me
Awesome, Sarah - keep pressing on, girl! Love you!
ReplyDelete