Friday, April 1, 2011

Day One hundred and fifty-six

~~**Good Day Sunshine!!**~~

I loved seeing the sun today. I could feel myself brightening up. It would have been even better if I were able to get out and enjoy it more.

I am going to turn in now. I have no deep thoughts tonight (or even shallow thoughts for that matter) My brain is full of finding ways to try and control the things in my life that are uncontrollable. It's a futile pastime I know. Call me insane because I know full well that I am wasting my time, but I insist on worrying anyway. I have tricked myself into thinking that this time will be different. I will be able to come up with a way to make everything go the way I have planned. The smooth, easy, happy way. The way in which makes sense to me. If I could just get so and so to do this, or have the this thing happen this way; I could stop fretting. I even worry about things that haven't even happened yet, and may never even do so. Anyone else do that?

"Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" Matt.6:27

The only things I add by worrying about things are, frustration, fear, anxiety, and more worry.  I wonder what I am missing by not turning it all over to God? Peace that passes ALL understanding, hope, comfort, happiness...just to name a few.

Lord,
You know all the thoughts, situations and concerns I have been worrying about. You know how everything will turn out. Please help me to rely on You, to lean on You, to trust You, and remember that You want what's best for me. And in order for that to happen I need to get out of the way, step back, surrender to You and stop worrying.
Once again thank You for your patience with me. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment