I missed church today. My Ruby woke up with an upset tummy. She got sick on Friday night, but by Saturday late afternoon she was back to her old self again. That's why I was surprised when I went in to wake her up this morning and she wasn't her usual bubbly self.
So once again the plans I had made were changed. But the girls and I ended up having a really nice day. We made special homemade pancakes~~Vanilla Dutch Baby (puffed pancake) Grace made the batter, and I put it in the skillet and placed it in the oven. While it was baking, Addie set the table and helped me make sausage. After about 20 minutes we had a huge golden brown airy pancake. So yummy!
Ruby even started to feel a bit better and by lunch time she said her tummy no longer felt yucky. That's when I made the decision to take everyone to an Easter Egg hunt sponsored by the National Guard. I know it's a controversial choice to skip church but then go to a fun event. Let me at least make a few excuses before you slay me.
1. Due to Ruby getting sick on Friday night, I was unable to attend a women's conference on Saturday at my church. So...I really needed to do something, see other adults, and engage in conversations that were more than desperate pleas to stop fighting.
2. I missed going church. See #1 as to why I needed a change of scenary.
3. It was a beautiful day and the girls were itching to get out and do something.
4. I didn't have to do anything for this event. All I had to do was get ourselves there and watch the girls have fun. There was no planning on my part, no prep work, and no clean-up. After dealing with a puking kid, that was a very nice bonus!
So there you have it. My day didn't go according to my original plan but I made due. I even saw a few fellow Deployment Diva's from our unit and invited one Diva and her girls over for an impromptu dinner. The funny thing is that I planned to grill hamburgers and hotdogs. I got all the burgers and dogs ready to go went out to the grill and....no propane! Seriously!?!?! So broiled hamburgers and microwaved hotdogs it was and we had a great time!
I can totally see how God is changing me. Before, all these disappointments (not just today's but the accumulation over the week) would have put me over the edge. So far over in fact that a search and rescue team would have had to be called to get me back. Now, I freak out just a little and only go about half way over the edge. I call that progress.
My husband just got back from 6 weeks of school in Mississippi. I only made it to church once while he was gone thanks to constantly sick kids. I think you're doing pretty good compared to me. :)
ReplyDeleteFunny - I planned to grill burgers on Saturday, only to remember that we don't even have a grill - ours blew away during a storm last summer.
Good job Sarah! I'm glad to see it.
ReplyDelete