Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day One hundred and sixty-two

24 hours from now 2 things will be majorly different.

1. My sweet Zoe will be 2 years old tomorrow. My baby is growing up way too fast. Soon will come potty training, a big girl bed and then before I know it she will be going to kindergarten and then I will be baby-less. 

2. My dad will be moving into a hospice facility. While I am glad he will have the care he needs, I am really sad. He will be giving up his own house, his complete privacy, and his independence. He will most likely never been able to live in his own house or alone again.

Both things are hard for me do digest. For Zoe, it's a beginning of a whole new independence, of growing up, and doing new things. Her whole life is ahead of her. For my dad it is an end of his life as he now knows it.

Prayers would be appreicated for tomorrow. Taking my dad, getting him situated, being strong for him and then leaving him there will be very hard.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you on this tough, mixed-up day. It's okay to feel weak and helpless and to grieve.

    Oh, and Happy Birthday to Zoe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for you to help you be strong as you carry so much right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been able to touch base with you this week, but know that you are in my thoughts and prayers! I know how hard these events are for you, so I am giving you extra. Grace gets the hugs, but they are for you, too! LaPaz will be coming soon! Take care, and lots of love!

    ReplyDelete