"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."
Philippians 4:4-9
A sweet friend of mine reminded me of these verses a couple days ago, and I have been thinking about them ever since. As I have posted in the past, the last few weeks have been really long and hard. I have not been very gentle, I have not been the best at prayer and petition, I have not been thinking very true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy, nor have I been putting into practice all the things I have learned from God's Word. BUT I have been anxious. I definitely have a lot of work ahead of me.
"But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8
Thank you God that Your grace and mercy are never changing and never ending. Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment