It's been a long day. I had so many errands to run. It felt like I was in the van all day long. At least I got to check off a whole bunch of things off my to-do list.
Today I went up stairs to get Ruby from her nap/quiet time and she looked so sad. I asked her what was wrong and she started bawling. All she could say was "I miss my Daddy and I want him home!" As huge tears ran down her face and on to my shoulder, I began to cry too. We sat and cried for a few minutes and then I prayed for us and daddy. God gave us a sweet peace and we talked about what daddy may be doing at that exact time and how much he really misses us too.
It is so hard watching my children suffer. It's not like a physical "ouchie" that I can put a band-aid on or kiss it to make it feel better. No amount of ace bandages can make the hurt stop. I don't like not being able to fix it. I would much rather it only be me that was sad. It feels like this is way too big for them to handle.
I know prayer works wonders on the heart, soul and mind. I know that prayer has awesome power. There are sometimes when I wish it worked more like a superpower. When all I would have to do it pray and "kaa-pow!!" it was all better. (yes, I understand the ramifications of this scenario--please don't write me mean emails. I am being sarcastic)
I am going to head off to bed. I am going to pray and pray and continue to pray because I know that is all I can do.
"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds" Ps. 147:3
"Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior, and my God" Ps. 42:5
And I will pray, too, as will many others. Together we will be the cloud of witnesses that surround you as your run this race.
ReplyDelete"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:1-2