The day started out with me making 6 silly girls "granny's special pancakes" aka crepes. I tripled the recipe. And after 9 eggs, 3 cups of milk, 3/4 cups powdered sugar and 3 cups of flour only 6 were left. Man those girls can eat!!
I noticed that when the girls have friends spend the night I become a much nicer mom. My patience is longer, my tone of voice is always pleasant, and I say "Yes" a lot more than "No". Does anyone else have the same tendencies? It may happen because I don't want the friends to go home and tell their parents how I yelled a lot or got angry for no good reason. Actually, I think it's because a sleep-over brings out the "little girl" in me. I loved sleep-overs as a kid. It brings back so many memories~~talking, giggling, watching movies, and staying up late. Is it crazy to be just a little jealous of my girls while they're having slumber parties?
I think I am going to host a "Big Girls" slumber party. Yep you heard me. Why do little girls get to have all the fun. A night full of yummy food, laughing until our sides and faces hurt, and talking until we are to tired to think. Maybe that will be my mission for January. Who's with me!?!?
Ooh Ooh - pick me!! :)
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like SO much fun! Love the idea!