Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day Fifty-seven

I got to go to work this evening. Yes, you read that right. I GOT to go to work. There was a hole in the schedule and I was able, thanks to my mom, to fill it. I haven't worked since.....I think the first part of October. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I today. 

For people who don't know, I work at St. Elizabeth as a unit secretary in Labor and Delivery. I used to work every 3rd weekend and maybe 1 or 2 evenings a week. In August, Chris and I decided that I would stop doing the weekends and spend more time at home with him and the kids before he left. It was a hard decision because I knew we needed the money but time together was way more important.

While Chris is gone I am trying to get a few hours here and there when I can find childcare so I can stay familiar with everything. Things change a lot in my job. Insurance selections, procedures, paperwork, etc. I keeping my fingers crossed that more opportunities to fill in will work out in the future.

After my shift, I went down to the ER (I worked there before L&D) to see if my good buddy, Tricia was working. It was my lucky night! It was so nice to catch up a little. It made my whole day!

1 comment:

  1. I was so happy to see you come in yesterday. I kept commenting to everyone that I had never heard anyone be so happy to come into work as you were when you called me to say you could pick up the shift! Can't wait to get the kids together next week....Have a Merry Christmas Harmons!

    ReplyDelete