Since Chris came back in 2005 from being in Iraq for 14 months, the longest he would be gone for is 1 month--give or take a day or 2. I was able to get through those one month's at a time because I knew it wasn't going to be 14 in a row. I could always say, "I've been through worse, I can do this". This deployment is 2 months shorter. I haven't even made it through the first 2 and I am so ready for him to come home. I guess I can still say, "I've been through worse, I can do it".
One of the things I have learned so far is that Grace and Addie really don't remember a lot of when Chris was gone the first time. Grace remembers some but was just about to turn 4 so her memories are from that perspective. Addie was only 19 months when Chris left and turned 3 right after he came home. She remembers nothing. I don't know why I thought that they would have vivid memories and would know what to expect. I figured I would have to just to fill in Ruby and help her understand what would be going on. Boy was I wrong.
If I had just a nickel for how many times a day I hear from the girls "I want Daddy to come home" or "When is Daddy coming home?" I would be completely debt free by the time Chris comes home. Now if you add the number of times I think or dare I admit, the number of times I say out loud "I want you to come home Chris" I would be able to buy Chris a new boat as well.
I just thought a little song that I used to sing in Sunday school a really long time ago. In fact, I have taught to my girls as well. But for some reason it just keeps coming to my mind. I love that God uses even the simplest songs to remind me how Big He is!! Do you remember this one?
"My God is so BIG, so STRONG and so MIGHTY there's NOTHING my God
CAN NOT do!
The mountains are his, the rivers are his, the stars are His handiwork, too.
My God is so BIG, so STRONG and so MIGHTY, there's NOTHING my God CANNOT do,for you! "
No comments:
Post a Comment