Monday, December 6, 2010

Day Forty

I love technology!

This morning around 7am my iPod started ringing. I sprinted up the stairs and answered it. After the minute or so it took to connect, my sweet hubby's face was looking right at me. While the connection was really slow and the conversation short, just seeing his face and hearing his voice brought a huge smile to my face. Yes-sir-ree I love technology!

Later this morning while I was spending some "quality time" on Facebook I got an instant message from Chris. Once again technology is awesome! We were able to chat for a few minutes. It was such a relief to hear that he was safe. He was extremely tired and very cold but he was safe.

I do have a couple of prayer requests that I would like to put out there.

1. Chris is still on his journey to his final base. Please pray for safety while traveling.
2. Pray that when Chris does get a chance to sleep that it is a quality rest.
3. Pray for his transition to a new time zone, new routine, new surroundings, new way of life, etc.
4. Pray for his safety while he is in Afghanistan at his base and as he travels to other bases to oversee the building of new barracks for soldiers.
5. Keep me and my girls in your prayers during this Christmas season. As you can imagine it is really hard not having Chris here to celebrate with us. There are a few traditions that he does that will now be mine. I have BIG shoes to fill.
6. I would appreciate your prayers as well. The evenings are the hardest for me. I am so used to having Chris home with me. I miss talking with another adult. I miss having that one person who doesn't complain about what's for dinner. I miss having the second pair of hands to help me. I miss cuddling on the couch. I miss my best friend. So when you are home with your hubby enjoying having him around please shoot up a quick prayer for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment