Rare, peaceful and relaxing
Three words that described my day. My father-in-law called me up on Tuesday night and asked me if he could come out to our house this morning and give me the day off. Of course it took me less than .000002 seconds to say, "YES!"
Rare: As most mom's will attest to, getting a day to yourself is very rare indeed. So rare for me that I couldn't even think of what I would possibly do with myself for a whole day. Eventually ideas began popping into my head: Lunch with a friend, a few errands, meet up with another friend to browse around Trader Joe's and then to Panera for a yummy snack and ever better conversation.
Peaceful: There were no kids fighting or asking "is this going to take a long time?" No one to complain that they didn't like what I was doing or where I was going. I got to drive in the car and listen to what I wanted to listen to. It was my choice: music, talk radio or absolutely nothing :)
Relaxing: How could a day to myself not be relaxing? I didn't have to hurry. I walked around Kohl's slowly, looking through all the racks in search of good deals. My friends and I strolled through Trader Joe's taking it all in. We sat in Panera's talking, laughing and nibbling on our goodies.
Thank you Mike! Thank you for giving me back my sanity for an afternoon. Thank you for giving me time to breathe and recharge my batteries.
No comments:
Post a Comment