Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day Forty-four

Thanksgiving Dinner Take 2:

2 weeks ago a few couples and I were talking about how our thanksgiving's went. A few lamented over it being rushed, some wished there were more leftovers and still another wished she could do it again. There was mention of how good a fried turkey tasted. One couple had never tried it before. Really?!?!? It was then and there that it was decided that we would get together and have our own Thanksgiving Dinner with fried turkey and all the fixing's.

I hosted this wonderful gathering tonight. It was so nice to have a house full of people. Hearing their laughter and watching the kids play. Speaking of kids....there were 5 families represented tonight...9 adults and 19 kids and 1 on the way.

Our dinner was absolutely wonderful! Fried turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potato casserole, fresh corn, stuffing, and of course tons of dessert. We ate ourselves silly. Our time of fellowship was sweet and very fulfilling.

This group holds a special place in my heart. We have been a close little group for many years. Some of us were friends before we even had children. These are the people I know I can count on to pray with me, counsel me, laugh with me, cry with me, shop with me :), and keep me grounded. Our kids even like to hang out with each other. In fact, 2 of their girls are spending the night tonight. I consider them more like family. It doesn't matter if we haven't been able to talk for awhile, or spend time with each other for weeks and sometimes months; whenever we gather it's like old times. We just pick up where we left off. I am blessed to have each one of them in my life. I love you all!


Kids table #1

Kids table #2

Kids table #3

and Kids table #4

The Tryptophan's kicking in.

The lovely ladies.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for coming up with and hosting such a fun night. Laughter is truly better than medicine for the soul! Our family is so blessed by these friendships! Love you, girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an awesome night! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen and amen! Love you guys! Thanks for posting the pics, Sarah - they turned out great! :)

    ReplyDelete