So many emotions in not so many days~~Frustration. Worry. Gratefulness. Surprise. Relief.
I am going to start backwards.
Relief: Chris made it safely to his base in Sharana, Afghanistan.
Surprise: At 1:30am Wednesday morning I got a phone call from Chris!!
Gratefulness: I have a wonderful friend who has lent me her ear time after time this week.
Worry: Chris left for Afghanistan late on Saturday night. Not only was I worried for him while he was traveling, I am worried about his safety while he is there.
Frustration: I am already extremely tired of being the only parent in the house. I am the bad guy. I am the enforcer of rules. I am the one who makes them eat their veggies. I am the one who makes them go to bed. Then when it is time to be the good guy they are all mad at me from being the bad guy. I can't win.
Dear God,
Thank you for giving me the strength to wake up every morning and take on the day. Thank you for promising me that You will never leave me or allow me to go through my day alone. Thank you for knowing the bigger picture and providing for me in ways I have not seen yet. Thank you for Your peace even when the situation around me is hectic and stressful. I don't even want to think about what my life would be like without You.
Amen
Think this way, one day your girls will be well-rounded, God-fearing (Lord willing!), well-adjusted adults.... this will be in large part to the way you are raising them now, RIGHT now! And chances are good they will not remember this "bad guy" you speak of... they will mostly remember just the "good stuff." You are an amazing mom, wife, woman of God. Your strength is immeasurable in Him. Keep the faith!
ReplyDeleteThanks Tiff! I appreciate your words of encouragement.
ReplyDelete