Hallelujah!! We all got out of the house today! School for the big 2, the Y for Mommy and the little 2. A lunch date at McD's with a friend and her 2 little girls and grocery shopping. We were gone the entire day. While it was nice to get out and about, coming home to our own 4 walls was the highlight of the day.
The girls and I have finally decided what to do for Day 100. We are going to go to one of Chris' favorite resturants and pig out!! So...off to The Watering Hole we go on Saturday. For those of you who live nearby and would like to join us, we are hoping to get there by noon. "Chris" would be happy to see you and I would love to get some pictures of "him" there to send to him.
I learned something about Ruby today. Once she gets an idea in her head she doesn't let it go until she does it. I've noticed a little bit of this in her before but today was nuts! While we were shopping she was getting crabby, so I started talking to her about lipstick, lip gloss, and make-up--one of her favorite subjects. I mentioned that maybe when she was older she should write a magazine about all the different types lipsticks there are and which ones were her favorite. Her big blue eyes grew even bigger and a smile spread across her face and she asked if she could do it right now. No matter how I tried to explain that I meant for her to do it when she was an adult, she wouldn't let the idea go. She was so excited and already had a plan on how she would accomplish it. And thanks to her big sister Grace, Ruby got her little magazine done tonight.
Ruby came up with the name and
website on her own. The person
in her picture is Daddy.
Grace wrote down the names and Ruby
put a little sample of each lip gloss on
the pages.
The magazine smells good too.
**Here is a photo for Wordless Wednesday that I forgot to add. It is too funny to miss.
Before you freak out... Zoe wanted us to put
these on her and they are plastic.
Dear God, I am so greatful and blessed that Ruby has been entrusted to me to be her mommy. Please help me to be the mommy she deserves and needs. Please show me how to guide her determination so that she uses it for Your glory. I want to be like Ruby in the way she doesn't let obstacles, or people telling her that she can't do something stand in her way to accomplish her mission. She stays focused and confident. Thank you for this precious jewel!
In Jesus name, Amen
I am Thankful for...
91. Sunshine.
92. Mexican food.
93. Finding 12oz. bags of Peanut M&M's for only .50! I bought 6 bags :)
94. God's faithfulness.
95. Ruby's determination.
96. Grace's helpfulness.
97. Addie's big hugs.
98. Zoe's silliness.
99. My Husband's sacrifice, hard work, and integrity in serving his country.
100. Knowing that time, distance, and bad phone connections can't and won't lessen how much I love Chris and he loves me!!
I love that she put Chris on the front of her "lipstick" magazine! Great post.
ReplyDeleteLove the post! How fun for Ruby, and what a fantastic idea from Mommy - way to go, girls! :)
ReplyDeleteAlso...I HAVE to know where you found 12 oz bags of Peanut m&ms for 50 cents! Please, share your secrets with fellow chocolate lovers!
Stacy~~HyVee on 84th in their clearance bin. I check it everytime I go there and I find some awesome deals quite often.
ReplyDeleteAmy~~Chris was honored to make the cover :) hee hee