Monday, February 14, 2011

Day One hundred and ten

Happy Valentine's Day!

I have to say that I have the best Valentine in the whole world. He is wonderful, thoughtful, and sweet, even when he is way too far away.

Chris had flowers delivered to the girl's at school.




Then Ruby, Zoe and I got a delivery at home.





Today also marks the last day that I will have my Grace as a ten year old. Where does the time go? I still remember that Valentine's Day 11 years ago. Chris and I attended our last Lamaze class. What a way to spend our last Valentine's alone. Grace was due the very next day. We came home and I went straight to bed. About an hour or two later I woke up with a "stomach ache" I thought I was gassy from the gumbo Chris made for dinner. I called my doula to get her opinion of what was going on. Surprisingly she said she was on her way over. By 3:30 am we were at the hospital and I was dilated to 7. I was shocked. 45 minutes later I was 9, then 10. After 2 hours of pushing without drugs my sweet Gracie Girl came into the world at 7:20 on February 15th.
Grace turned me into a mother. Her birth gave birth to my dream of being a mommy and turned into a reality. My life has never been the same and I am truly blessed for it. 

Grace,
Good night my sweet 10 year old. Mommy loves you so much. May your 11th year of life be one filled with growing in the knowledge of how much God loves you and how special He sees you. May you never doubt the love your dad and I have for you. You brighten our world.
I love you sweetheart! xoxox Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment