Here I am sitting here on the couch next to "Chris", wearing his t-shirt and sweatpants. We are watching The Office on DVR and then Bones is next. This is such a nice way to end a long day.
I woke up this morning feeling pretty good. I slept for about 6 hours in a row~~a record for me lately. We had a pretty rough bedtime last night so I was looking forward to waking my 2 big girls up with hugs and kisses. As I opened the girls bedroom door, I found a gift. One that was way beyond what I could ever want or deserve. Unfortunately the gift was from the dog and it smelled. It wasn't a nice little package in a nice little pile. Oh no, that wouldn't have been good enough for dear Buddy. It was more like lots of little, runny presents spread out all over the room. I guess someone told him about good things coming in small packages.
Anyway, let's just say that wasn't a great way to start my day. Add to that a couple of very whiny kids who just wanted me to "Hold you" all morning, and 2 failed skype calls and I was done for the day.
I usually don't have such a low threshold for doneness. Guess it was just an accumulation of many things piling up over a few days. I posted on Facebook that I needed a pick me up, and not 3 minutes later a sweet friend called. The poor girl sat and listened to me cry. She asked me what was wrong and I felt really dumb. There wasn't a BIG reason just lots of little ones. It wasn't like I had something horrible happen, no big tragedy. I was just tired of being alone, tired of being pulled in every direction, tired of consistently pouring out and not being filled back up. Talking with her did help. I really appreciate her seeing my need and acting on it so quickly. I am blessed to have her.
Later that afternoon, I sought out another friend via text message. Her sense of humor had me laughing and lifted my spirits. Then I was gently but firmly reminded by yet another friend that focusing only on the negative keeps me from seeing how God is blessing me now.
She was right. I really need to change my focus when I am having a hard day. I am going to end this day by taking note of how God has blessed me today.
1. Friends...Casey, Krista, Rebecca
2. Chris just called me while I was writing this post!!
3. Sweet hugs from my girls.
4. The yummy chicken enchiladas that a thoughtful friend made me a couple of days ago. I love eating all the leftovers all by myself! :)
5. Hearing from the Deployment Divas--thanks for the name Kendra.
You're an amazing wife, mom and friend Sarah. I'm blessed to have you too! I hope the weekend goes better for you and we'll all get together soon. Maybe you and the girls can come over for dinner sometime!
ReplyDeleteI cannot tell you how blessed I am by having you as a friend. I didn't even know how much I needed you, and yet God did. Thanks for all you do to lift me up, and for having such a great girl that I get to spend time with each day! I think I will eat some M & Ms just for you!
ReplyDeleteI didn't read this post until just now, and I'm sorry I didn't realize what a truly 'stinky' day you had yesterday! However, I am both encouraged and excited to read about how God is using so many people to lift you up and pour blessings into your life right when you need them most! Isn't His faithfulness SO amazing?
ReplyDeleteI'm forever blessed to be walking this journey with you. Thanks for being real!
Wow, thank you ladies. My life is richer for having known each of you. I am blessed beyond measure. Thank you for not shying away or being afraid that you don't know what to say to me or not knowing how to "fix" it. Just by being there to listen to me cry, to give me a hug, and to pray for me makes all the difference in the world. It doesn't take remarkable or profound words or well wishes, it just takes you being willing to be there. And for that I am truly thankful.
ReplyDelete