"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" ~~Nietzsche
"Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matt. 11:28-30
"Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from Him." Ps. 62:1
"What is mankind that You are mindful of them, human beings that You care for them? You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor. You made them rulers over the works of Your hands; You put everything under their feet." Ps. 8:4-6
I am so thankful that God has chosen to make Himself available to me. He has opened His heart and arms to love me. Without Him, so many things would be impossible. The crazy thing is that I didn't do anything to deserve His grace, love and redemption. It was through His grace and mercy that He gave of Himself for me.
These last 5 days have been really hard. Emotionally I am spent. Physically I am tired. Mentally I am fried. But I find hope in God alone. My dad is terminally ill with stage 4 liver cancer that has spread to his bones. He was diagnosed almost 18 months ago. While he has had his ups and downs during this time, he has beaten the prognosis that 2 doctors have given him. He was even able to return to work part-time 3 days a week. He lives with major pain everyday, but last week it came and took over. Since then each day has been filled with trying to find ways to help ease the pain. It has not been as succesful as he has wanted. More and more medication has been added to his already numerous pill count. We are hoping that the new mixture of med's will help him.
Here's to a new day tomorrow. One that will be made new by God.
""May the God of hope fill you (me) with all joy and peace as you (I) trust in Him, so that you (I) may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" Romans 15:13.
No comments:
Post a Comment