"But You, LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high. I call out to the LORD, and He answers me from His holy mountain. I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me." Ps. 3:3-5
Man, I am still exhausted from this weekend. I woke up this morning already wanting it to be bedtime again. It took everything in me to finally get my feet on the floor.
Even though I didn't want to get up it was a good day. Addie presented her oral book report to her 3rd grade class. Ruby helped her by dressing up like one of the characters in her book. The book was "Into the Fire Storm" and was about the 1906 earthquake and fire in San Francisco They both did a great job. I am so proud of Addie and how hard she worked on her report. It was so fun watching her get super excited about a book. She would read and read and then tell me everything about it. Her eyes would light up when she was telling me what was happening in the story.
Both Chris and I love to read. Grace usually has her nose buried in a book as well. It looks like we have Addie hooked too. Ruby and Zoe are always looking a picture books and wanting me to read to them or trying to "read" their favorite books themselves. I think they are well on their way to being bookworms.
The highlight of the day was being able to come home right after school. No errands to run, no places we had to go, and no extra thing needing my attention. The girls worked on art projects. Grace made a lion with her new "Paperoni" set she got for her birthday. Addie made cute little cupcake soaps from a kit she got for her birthday. Zoe used markers to make Daddy a picture, while Ruby watched everyone and whined about not being able to do what Addie and Gracie were doing. We were all in the kitchen talking, laughing and just being together. It was wonderful!
No comments:
Post a Comment