Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day One hundred and thirty

Just 1 more.....Today as I was thinking about my Deployment Diva's and about what I wrote yesterday, another thought came to my mind. 

8. Don't assume that someone else is providing support.
     I think my other DD's would agree; you can't really have too many people lending a hand, a shoulder, a meal, or an ear. There may be a very small handful of friends reaching out to one wife. Those friends, as wonderful as they are, can only give so much. And once they're tired there is no one else to take their place. Leaving it up to only 1 or 2 people to help a friend in need for 365 days is hard on all involved. Don't wait to see if someone else will step up. Just call, ask, pray, bake, and listen.

2 comments:

  1. My friend Lisa included your Journal Star article on a facebook post. I started bawling immediately and felt like I knew you right away. I have three children and one on the way, and the thought of doing this alone just takes my breath away. You are an amazing woman. Your patience, faith, and love are truly inspiring and you are strong for so many in your life. May God bless you as you continue on this journey. I live in Des Moines, but I wish I was there in Lincoln to give you hugs, a break, and a meal or two! Just know that we are all here praying for you, your daughters, and your husband's safety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement. I wish I could say that I was patient, loving and full of faith all the time. None of this comes from me. It is God who gets me through each day. Actually, many times He has to break that down to getting me through a minute at a time. The only thing I can take credit for is knowing Who is the strength of my of heart, and choosing each day to seek Him and His strength.
    Thank you for your prayers!! They mean a lot.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete