Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day One hundred and thirty-seven

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the LORD..." Jeremiah 29:11-14

Because this verse promises me that God knows what He is doing, I am willing to take on this week. I have no idea what this week will hold and just because I have plans doesn't mean they will happen. This concept is so hard for me to accept. I like to know what is going on. I like to be in control of how my days go. I like to plan things out.

Putting my all my faith in someone else's hands is scary. There's no seeing what's around the corner beforehand. No being able to brace yourself for a blow. But on the other hand...if all the decision making and planning was left up to me I know I would not be where I am today. He sees the big picture while I am only able to see a small snippet. So my small view can't possibly be accurate all the time. I would be missing so much of the good God has wanted for me. I have seen over and over again the bad results of me trying to control things, people, and situations. Not Good.

One would think that I would know better by now. Nope. I'm stubborn. I can say that I am getting closer little by little. I think part of God's grace includes not slapping us in the face with all of our wrongs just so He can say "See, I told you so! You should have just listened to Me."  His response is opposite...patient, loving and forgiving.

Dear God,
     I know You love me. I know that Your plans for me are far more superior than I could ever dream. Even when things seem like that don't make sense or feel like You have forgotten me, I will hold on to the promises You made in Jeremiah.
    Thank for not giving up on me. I know there are times when You are wanting to slap Your hand to Your forehand and shake Your head in disbelief of my stubborness.
Amen


Waiting for angry words to sear my soul
Knowing I don't deserve another chance
Suddenly the kindest words I've ever heard
Come flooding through my heart

It's your kindness that leads us
To repentance, oh Lord
Knowing that You love us
No matter what we do
Makes us want to love You too

No excuse, no one to blame, no way to hide
The eyes of God have found my failures, found my pain
He understands my weaknesses
And knows my shame
But His heart never leaves me

It's your kindness that leads us
To repentance, oh Lord
Knowing that You love us
No matter what we do
Makes us want to love You too
 
If You are for us
Who can be against us
You gave us everything
Even Your only Son
It's your kindness that leads us
To repentance, oh Lord
Knowing that You love us
No matter what we do
Makes us want to love You too


Read more: LESLIE PHILLIPS - YOUR KINDNESS LYRICS http://www.metrolyrics.com/your-kindness-lyrics-leslie-phillips.html#ixzz1GXPmdLkN
Copied from MetroLyrics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment