"My cup runneth over." Ps. 23:5
I was blessed beyond measure today. Humbly blessed. 3 mom's from Grace and Addie's school came out to my house armed with cleaning supplies, a vacuum, lunch, and servant's hearts. Once they arrived they sent me on my way to have a day to myself.
I found out last Friday that the Mom's were coming. At first, I was not sure what to say. I mean what a HUGE thing to do for someone. I didn't feel worthy of such a big offering. It took a lot for me to say "Yes". I am glad I did.
I was able to get my haircut, some errands ran, and Addie's birthday present bought. When I got home I arrived to 4 very happy kids playing outside, a clean house, an organized craft cupboard and junk drawer, and a heart filled to the brim.
As the mom's left I said "Thank you". It felt like such a small thing to say for such a big gift. I wish I could find the exact words to say how much them coming all the way out to my house to work and take care of my girls made me feel. And how humbly blessed I felt when I walked into my house and saw these wonderful women vacuuming my floor and doing laundry.
These mom's only know me because our kids go to the same school. We see each other in the hallway before and after school. One mom has a daughter in Addie's class and our girls have sleepover's occasionally (not often enough according to Addie) What I am getting at is that they don't know me all that well, but their willingness, their desire to help someone, and their love for others shone through in their actions today.
I want to be more like them. I want to step outside of myself and help others more than I do now.
Thank you Tammy. Thank you Molly. Thank you Amy. May God bless you beyond the blessings you give.
OH!! A quick story.
God is so good! Tonight I went to a cancer benefit dinner for a man at our church fighting
Large B-cell Lymphoma. There were some sweet items donated and a raffle was held to raise money for his medical costs. There was one item that caught my eye and it was something I could really use while Chris was gone. It was a 4 step lawn fertilizer package. Chris and I have been talking about what I needed to do with the lawn. He wanted me to hire someone to come out and do what was needed. I didn't want to spend money we didn't really have.
Well...I won the lawn fertilizer package AND a friend volunteered to go pick it up and come to my house and apply it. I am over the moon! I can't wait to tell Chris. Here's the funny part. I also won a manicure and pedicure but I am more excited about fertilizer because I know God was listening in on the conversation between Chris and I. He knew what we needed and He created a way for it to happen. Plus I was able to help someone else.
I am SO excited to hear more details about how God is at work in your life! WOW!!! What an incredible blessing! I am proud of you for saying 'yes' - I know how tough that can be, but I am sure that the blessings went both ways. Good for you for letting those ladies be God's hands and feet for your family.
ReplyDeleteYour post reminded me of something I read in a devotion last week, so I wanted to share it with you...
"Our problem is not so much that God doesn't give us what we hope for as it is that we don't know the right thing for which to hope...Hope is not what you expect; it is what you would never dream...Hope is not a granted wish or a favor performed; no it is far greater than that. It is a zany, unpredictable dependence on a God who loves to surprise us out of our socks and be there in the flesh to see our reaction."
Love ya, girl! :)
My eyes welled up with tears of happiness for you Sarah. I am so glad that you said "yes". Not only were you so blessed, you allowed these ladies to be blessed as well, Jesus said it is more blessed to give than to receive. This affirmations and blessings from God are encouraging and help us remember when sometimes we feel so needy. I like the story about the fertilizer too! God really works out the little things in life, often we just don't take time to realize it. Love you!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome testimony of God's provision! Not only in the big things, but the small things as well.
ReplyDelete