Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day One hundred and forty-four

Due to circustances totally within my control I was late for church. Yes, that's right I didn't do great with time management this morning. I even yelled at the kids a bit. Major fail.

It's so wonderful to know that God still loves me and cares for me. He made that clear this morning. I walked into church and the worship team was singing this song~~Desert Song by Hillsong. (words below) Wow. I highlighted the verse that really spoke to me.

No matter what is going on in my life my God remains the same. He is always there. He never grows weary. He never gets sick and tired of me crying out for help day after day after day. He is patient, loving, gentle, accepting, forgiving, and faithful.

The seasons in my life change. Some days are good, some are bad and some are down right horrible. With all the ups and downs, I have to remember that the one constant is God. And because of that I have reason to praise Him. There are many days that my prayers sound just like this: "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you God for getting me through today/yesterday. Please give me what I need to get through tomorrow/today. Amen"  It may not sound all that spiritual or deep but some days it's all I can do. He knows my heart and He knows what I need. He just needs to hear me say it.

Desert Song~~ by Hillsong

This is my prayer in the desert
When all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is the God who provides

This is my prayer in the fire
And weakness or trial or pain
There is faith proved of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames

I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain

I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

This is my prayer in the battle
When triumph is still on its way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain

I will rejoice
I will declare
God
is my victory and He is here
All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have reason to sing
I have a reason to worship
I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain

I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

And this is my prayer in the harvest
And favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I received I will sow

1 comment: