"I am pressed but not crushed. Persecuted, but not abandoned. Struck down but not destroyed. I am blessed beyond the curse, for His promise will endure and His joy will be my strength." lyrics from Trading my Sorrows.
I don't even know how to start. These last 8 days have been very hard. I am so overwhelmed. I mentioned earlier in the week that my dad is fighting stage 4 liver cancer that has moved into his bones. He is not doing the greatest. Every day is a challenge trying to control his pain. It is getting harder for him to do things on his own. Roles are starting to reverse and I (along with my siblings) am having to become the parent. So many decisions to make that I don't know how to do or want to do. I am not ready for this.
Just when I get through one hard day the next brings another challenge. Challenge on top of challenge on top of challenge. All of it sad. I wish Chris were here. I need him for support, for hugs, for a shoulder to cry on, for someone to hold me up when I can't go on, and for help. I am overwhlemed with responsibilities. It feels like I can't even breathe sometimes.
Tonight I am coveting your prayers. Not just for me but for my dad and my sister and brother. The days ahead are going to be really hard for all of us.
I heard about your blog from my friend, Sarah R., and I have to say, the timing seems providential. My husband is in the Air Force and is currently away for 6 weeks of training. This is only week 2 for us, and we just found out his father has stage 4 cancer. I am sorry for all that you are going through, but it is comforting to see that we are not alone in our struggles, both because God is with us and because others are going through similar experiences. Oh yeah - we have four kids too.
ReplyDeleteI read this story this morning. I was there the first day with your husband when he got to boot camp in 1993. And we survived it together all the way thru Fort Sam Houston, TX for apprx 19 weeks. Chris became a great friend of mine and we lost contact since then. Chris is a great person and a strong individual and will come home soon. You or him can email me at thurd@lincoln.ne.gov an I would like to get his contact info. If you need anything, anytime or anywhere please just ask. He will know who I am as soon as you show him my email address. Thanks and take care.
ReplyDeleteDianna, I am so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I will be praying for your family.
ReplyDeleteGod does have a way of conncecting people who are in simliar situations. I too take comfort in knowing that I am not alone in struggles.
Keep your head up. Our God is big enough to handle any situation!
Troy, I passed on your info to Chris. He totally rememberes you! Thanks for your encouraging words.
Sarah