Monday, June 27, 2011

Day Two hundred and forty-two

“You, my God, have revealed to Your servant that You will build a house for him. So Your servant has found courage to pray to You. You, LORD, are God! You have promised these good things to Your servant. Now You have been pleased to bless the house of Your servant, that it may continue forever in Your sight; for You, LORD, have blessed it, and it will be blessed forever.” 1 Chronicles 17:25-27

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; He is the faithful God, keeping His covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love Him and keep His commandments." Deuteronomy 7:9

Today has been a struggle. Not with my dad's health, (he has been stable today) but with a battle in my mind. God has been doing some amazing things in our family, things I never thought would ever happen. And satan has been trying to steal those things away by dumping frustration, doubt, anger and depression on me. The above verses are God's promises that I am going to stand on and believe in. I have to fill my mind with God's word in order to fight back.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring or the rest of the week for that matter. I don't know when God will call my dad home. I just know that God has been and will be with me through all of this. He has worked in amazing ways and has never let me out of His reach. His loving kindness will not fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment