Friday, June 17, 2011

Day Two hundred and thirty-two

Tonight, as we were driving home, Ruby asked me, "Where's God?" Being the tired, worn out mom that I am I gave the pat answer, "He's in heaven." She responded with, "Oh. When will He come down here?"  I wasn't expecting that question at all. Before I could even give her an answer she said, "I think He should come down on Father's Day."  That left me speechless. 

I wish I could get into Ruby's head and know what she was thinking when she was asking those questions. I wish I could have given her better answers. How do you explain to a 5 year old the idea of God being everywhere? What I really want her to know is that God is always with her. She doesn't have to be alone. I pray that she will grow to see God as her heavenly Father. A Father who loves her unconditionally forever.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,
    I love to read what you have to say. . . I miss seeing you and the girls at school! THANK YOU for being brave enough to share this with me.

    Children who have a wonderful, loving earthly father can understand the love our heavenly Father has for us so much better. While Ruby may not be able to process all of what God is (who can!?!) she has such a wonderful start in that relationship.

    Was glad to see you were able to spend part of Father's Day with your dad. Remember, our Father will take care of him - and Chris, you, and the girls - forever. May you feel His arms around you today! Nicky

    ReplyDelete