I can barely keep my eyes open to type. I didn't get much sleep last night and I only just got home 40 minutes ago from being with my dad most of today. He is doing ok-ish. He is heavily medicated due to pain, anxiety etc. We are all glad that he was discharged from the hospital and is back in his room at the hospice facility where he feels comfortable and familiar.
When I left tonight he was sleeping soundly-something he has not done in a long time. His sleep tonight is largely due to the meds. he was given when he got home. We were told by hospice that he will begin to fail pretty quickly and that due to the meds. he will most likely not be up to having many more conversations. That makes the conversation dad and I had this afternoon so special to me. I am so glad that I was able to have the opportunity to spend time with him today. Thank you Taylor (my niece) for watching and loving my girls today and thank you Mom for taking them home, making them dinner and putting them to bed so I could stay with him a bit longer.
While at the hospital this afternoon, I was needing comfort and knowing the best place to look for it, I turned to the Bible. I flipped on my iPod, opened my Bible app and typed in the keyword "comfort". Don't you just love technology! The first verse that came up was one I honestly never remember hearing. I usually turn to the Psalms at times like these. But 2 Corinthians 1:3-7 grabbed my heart, filled it with peace, and encouraged me. It was like God knew exactly what I needed to hear when I couldn't put it into words to tell Him what I needed. He knows my in-most thoughts and my needs before I do. What a mighty God I serve.
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort." 2 Corinthians 1:3-7
You have searched me, LORD, and You know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; You perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; You are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue You, LORD, know it completely. You hem me in behind and before, and You lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain." Ps. 139:1-6
No comments:
Post a Comment