I'm going to give a shout out to my heavenly Father. Today, I had encounters with 4 of the most wonderful women in my life. Women God brought into my life to encourage me, to love me, to laugh with, to cry with, and to grow with. Each one brings her own gifts, her own personality, and her own way of being my friend. I pray that I can be as big of a blessing in their lives as they are in mine.
These ladies, plus a small handful of others, have helped me realize that the quality of my friendships are way more important than the number of friends I have. I'm going to spend more time investing in meaningful relationships then worrying about wanting to be friends with everyone.
I'm not saying that I'm going to close myself off to any new friendships or become cliquish and exclude others. I feel like I'm being challenged to really focus on what is good in my life right now. Marinate in it, build it, invest in it and grow in it.
You bless my socks off S.E.D, T.L.P, K.K.B, and M.B.H.!!
***Post Script***
I woke up this morning worrying that this post would be misconstrued by some. I'm not very good at explaining my feelings sometimes. Lately I've been feeling like I was back in high school. Wishing all the popular girls would notice me and be my BFF. I'm not the extremely outgoing girl that walks into a room and people notice me or are drawn to my amazing personality. Those who know and love me are probably saying, "Sarah, NOT outgoing? Yeah, right!" The more I know you, the more outgoing I get. And sometimes it's the more insecure I am the more I try and act outgoing.
I've struggled a long time with wanting to be included, accepted and liked by everyone. I get jealous of other people's friendships and get down because I'm not part of them. Totally childish I know. God has been working in my heart and giving me a fresh outlook on the relationships I have that are meaningful. I have an amazing handful of women that challenge me to grow, encourage me, take time for me, and love me for who I am. And I in turn, hope I do the same for them. Some of these women I have know for years; others a lot more recent. I don't want to take them for granted by taking focus away from our relationship and using energy on trying to impress or get other people to like me. Growing, fostering, caring, loving, deepening and being thankful for my relationship with them is the path I'm needing to take.
I hope this all makes sense. I've put myself way out there in vulnerable land because I don't want to hurt any one's feelings. My friendships are like treasures. They are close to my heart.
Thank you for listening.
No comments:
Post a Comment