Friday, August 19, 2011

Day Two hundred and ninety-five

"Teach me, LORD, the way of Your decrees, that I may follow it to the end. Give me understanding, so that I may keep Your law and obey it with all my heart. Direct me in the path of Your commands, for there I find delight. Turn my heart toward Your statutes and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to Your word." Ps. 119:33-37

I wrote about this verse in the very early days of this blog. I have it taped to my mirror in my bathroom. You would think that I since I see it everyday that it has had a huge impact on me. Well, there is a difference between seeing something and actually reading and taking in the information you are reading. I have become so used to seeing it on the mirror that it's become just part of the decor. I would like to spend more time meditating on this verse in the next couple days.

I'm thinking about having Grace and Addie write out this verse and compose an essay about how they can apply it to their lives. Should I have them do that before or after I have them pull weeds in the flower bed? Consequences stink don't they.

No comments:

Post a Comment