Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day One hundred and eighty-nine

"Chris", me, my fellow Deployment Diva-Sarah
and her hubby "Chris" at the State Capitol
for the National Day of Prayer.

I had the honor of representing military families at our city's National Day of Prayer event. Wow, I was humbled by the response. I wish every military family could hear the words of appreciation the community feels towards their soldier's service. There was also a standing ovation for the "Hero's at home" who too are doing their part serving our country.

The following is what I shared: I had "Chris" up at the podium with me.

This is my husband Staff Sgt Christopher Harmon or “Daddy” to our 4 daughters.  Since Chris is away on his second, 12 month deployment this is who stands in for him at holidays, birthdays, special occasions and for our daily hugs.  While it is very difficult not having him here; we are even more proud of his honor, bravery and willingness to serve our country.

I represent just 1 of many military spouses and I can say that we see it as our duty to keep the home front running as smoothly as possible. That is an ongoing challenge, one that we can’t do alone.   As fellow Amer. Citizens the greatest gift you could give to ALL military families is prayer.

Pray for wisdom for the spouses at home as they handle the added responsibilities of being both mom and dad, as they show both comfort and courage, and are both planners and providers.

Pray about the loneliness felt by the spouses and children day to day without their soldier to touch, to talk with, and to share life with.
                                                                                                                       
Pray for the unknowns that families face every single day— the not knowing when they will see their soldier again. Not knowing how safe their soldier is. Not knowing their soldier’s location or what mission they have been assigned to. Not knowing the true emotions their soldier are feeling and not knowing if and when they might hear from their soldier again.

Military families face many challenges, especially during deployment times, but no sacrifice is greater than the one made by each and every soldier who is represented here today. Thank you for honoring them by blessing their families. Your prayers mean more than you will ever know.


I must say a BIG thank you to Stacy for helping me put my thoughts into the right words. Your encouragement, your hugs, your prayers and your daily morning texts lift me up and have kept me going these last 6 months. You have been an extension of the Lord's arms to me. Love you girl!!

My dear Cathy, Thank you so much for helping me edit and practice. Thanks for putting up with me and for the great advice you share with me. Love you!

 UPDATE:
The transplant surgery went smoothly. Completely textbook. Sean's new kidney started working right away. Praise God!! Please continue to pray for their recovery period.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah....you did an amazing job of sharing at the Capitol yesterday. I'm so proud of you and I'm praying for ALL of you.

    You are my hero!
    Love Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete