Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day One hundred and ninety-two

Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.” Lamentations 3:22-24


I don't know about anyone else, but I need to be reminded of the above verse many times.

After a tough Saturday, I was totally toying with the idea of just sleeping in and not going to church. I was talking with a friend about how some Sunday's we just wish we could wake up and just be at church. We would love to skip the getting ourselves and the kids up, fed, dressed and out the door, all while trying to keep everyone from fighting and yelling at each other. We decided that by the time we get to church, the kids dropped off in their class and sit down in the sanctuary we are so glad we are there.

I am so glad I made the choice to get up and go through the work of getting all of us ready for church this morning. I even made it to first service~~which for those who know me, know just how amazing that feat is for us!

The message focused on the goodness of God's grace and His power to help you "redeem your past to transform your future"~~Danette Matty

I can't really find the right words to explain why this message impacted me so much. It would mean having to be extremely vulnerable. I can say that God's grace is so amazing. His grace "can break the cycle of abuse". "God's word can discredit our false beliefs and is life giving." "God always tells you the truth." Your past experiences do not have to dictate your future. You can give your kids a different history then one you grew up in.

God, You are so good. It is by Your great mercy and grace that I have the fight in me to give my girls a totally different history than my own. Please continue to guide me and to give me wisdom. Thank you for the godly mentors you provided along the way. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment