Feeling so blessed to be able to share this Memorial Day with my hero, my husband, Chris. I have realized with this deployment that I had been taking what Chris does for us for granted. He has so much on his shoulders~~serving his country, working, taking care of the house and lawn, handling the finances, loving me (that takes the most energy, I am not easy to love), and loving and caring for his 4 girls. He juggles all of this and remains so laid-back. I only have to take care of the girls, the house and finances and I am usually just barely hanging on.
Having Chris deployed makes this day a little bittersweet. I am very proud of him and the sacrifice he is making for his family and his country, but the thought of him not coming home alive has been haunting me a lot lately. I keep asking him to promise me that he WILL be coming home and that he WILL be ok. No matter how many times he says it I am not comforted or put at ease.
This is where my faith and reliance on my heavenly Father comes into play. I have to step out in faith everyday and believe that God's plan for me is for a hope and a future. And that that future includes Chris being in my and the girls' future. Until I can believe it in my heart, I have to walk it out in faith in my day to day life. I will keep loving Chris with all my heart. I will keep making plans with Chris for our future together. I will keep trusting in God no matter what.
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
No comments:
Post a Comment