Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day One hundred and eighty-six

"He reached down from on high and took hold of me; He drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the LORD was my support. He brought me out into a spacious place; He rescued me because He delighted in me." Ps. 18:16-19

"It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; He enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You give me Your shield of victory, and Your right hand sustains me; You stoop down to make me great." Ps 18:33-35

I sat down to read the Bible today and I didn't know where to start. So I use the super spiritual way of just opening the Bible and reading the first verse that I saw. Don't judge me, it's not like you've never done that before. :) I believe God can use the good intentions of the heart to show us His love for us. He knew I just wanted to spend time with Him. He allowed my Bible to open up to the exact words I needed to hear.

Now my enemies aren't the same as David's were in Psalm 18 but they are just as real. Satan would like nothing more than to get me to give up, quit or even worse try to make it through this journey on my own strength. Everyday is a challenge. Everyday I wake up and deliberately choose to seek God's strength. There are days when I start to think to myself that it would be much easier to just quit, roll over and give up because things just aren't going the way I thought they should be going. Then God gently reminds me that He has my interests at heart and that I don't see the big picture like He does. All I see is a small window into the bigger plan. I may not understand His ways, but I can trust in them because God's ways are higher than mine. (Isaiah 55:8-9)

No comments:

Post a Comment