Friday, May 13, 2011

Day One hundred and ninety-seven

Lots of good things happened this week.

*I finally had someone to sit with at church. Thanks Jen!
*A fun Mother's Day lunch with Jen and her parents. Red Robin....yum!
*My neighbor-mommy had a birthday.
*My handsome nephew turned 2.
*A thoughtful friend took pictures of my girls and created a special Mother's Day present. *Plus she made us dinner. Tiff, You rock!
*A sweet friend asked to watch my girls so I could have the day off. Love you Jen!--a different Jen ;)
*I had a coffee date with a new friend. Thanks Danette for taking the time to meet with me.
*A meeting with my Dad actually went better than I expected it to. Thanks for the prayers Val.
*I had a great time on a field trip with my Addie Joy and Ruby-Doo.
*MOPS today!! It was fun and sad at the same time because it was the last one of the 2010-2011 year. Fun because we all dressed up for The Mammy Awards. Sad because 2 fabulous mom's will not be returing next year. 1 is moving out of state and 1 is graduating MOPS--her daughter will be starting 1st grade. Tears have been shed and laughter shared with both of these amazing mommy's. I have been blessed with their friendship. Love you Nancy and Sarah!!

And I have a few more things going on in the next couple of days that I will share later.

I have been blessed this week. So why do I still feel a bit lonely? Having good things happen to you is great, but having someone to share them with is even better. I would have a good day and then come home to an empty house. A bit of wind would leave my sails. My world would come back to the reality of Chris being gone. My best friend. The person I want to tell everything to. The one I want to share the good stuff with.

I'm not trying to be ungrateful. I'm just being real.

No comments:

Post a Comment