Yesterday, Chris started his trek towards home for his 2 week leave. The girls and I are so excited to see him! The hard part is not knowing exactly when he will get here. We have been told we can expect him anywhere between 4 to 8 days. From what I understand I won't know exactly until the day before he lands. Come on phone ring!!
Since I don't know how much time I have left to get everything ready, I am going to go to bed so I can have the energy I need to make the house welcoming. And I stayed up way too late last night and can barely keep my eyes open.
Zoe left Afghanistan on Sunday and we are still waiting for her to call. I will keep you updated ..it may help you guess how long it will take for Chris. Too bad they couldn't have traveled together. I am excited about your visit...I also know how difficult it is. I always tell myself it makes no sense to start dreading his leaving again from the moment he arrives. My brain knows that....my heart and crying eyes do not always cooperate. After all three of them go back in a few weeks we should get together and have a little temper tantrum, pick ourselves back up and get on with business! I am praying for you Battle!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you to see your daughter!! Waiting is so hard. I heard from Chris this morning and he was still at his first pit stop in Afghanistan. Arggggg! I feel so bad for him being stuck in an airport/air base, when I know he just wants to get home. It causes me to feel guilty about being anxious or frustrated that he isn't here or that it is taking too long. At least I have a comfy bed, food, etc.
ReplyDeleteI would really love to get together with you. Call me! I'll FB message you my digits. Thanks for your prayers! Send some your way too.