Monday, May 23, 2011

Day Two hundred and seven

I really don't want to complain about how busy this day has been because tomorrow will be even busier.

We have yet to spend an evening at home since Chris got here. It doesn't look like it will be happening soon either. With the end of the school year being so busy, we have something every night this week. I really dread this time every year. I wish things were spread out over 2 weeks instead of crammed into a few days. It's hard to find quality time when we are constantly running from here to there. And today we weren't even in the same vehicle.

Ruby did have some quality time with Daddy today. He took her out on a mini date. First it was lunch with Grace and Addie at school. Then Chris took her to Target to pick out a backpack for Kindergarten. I can't believe that he will be missing her first day of school ever. Of all the first day's to miss this one is the worst. Such a gaint step in her life. I will take lots of pictures and I'm sure there will be many phone calls telling Daddy how much she loves it.

I better head off to bed. We will be at an out-of-town all-school track meet all day tomorrow. Then it's back into town to work on a couple of Grace's Missionettes crowning projects. Figure out where and what to eat for dinner. Rush home so the girls can jump in the shower and put them to bed. Don't forget to pack everything I need for the entire day: drinks, snacks and lunch for all of us at the track meet, sunscreen, things to keep Ruby and Zoe occupied for the day, pictures for Grace's project, poster board for said project, stuff to make dinner, don't forget diapers, wipes, camera, etc..... Can you say OVERWHELMED.  At least my man will be with me all day. I just love that guy!

1 comment:

  1. Totally understanding the overwhelm, Sarah, and glad you aren't alone! The end of the school year is ALWAYS a crazy time for us as well - just take it one day at a time and do your best to enjoy as much as you can! Praying for you, sweetie. :)

    ReplyDelete