"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zeph. 3:17
I love this verse. I love how it says He is and He will instead of He might or He will think about it.
Here's a couple of other examples:
"God IS our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we WILL not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the sea..." Ps.46:1-2
"So do not fear, for I AM with you; do not be dismayed, for I AM your God. I WILL strengthen you and help you; I WILL uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10
These verses hold a special place in my heart. They remind me that God is always there for me. It doesn't matter if I need Him today or tomorrow or next week He WILL always BE. These promises were made a long time ago but they are still very real today. He doesn't change. It doesn't matter what is going on around me or how my life changes. He is constant. And that is what I need in my life right now.
I also love these verses because they are songs on my and my girl's favorite CD series put out by Seeds Family Worship. Each CD is filled with scripture verses put to music. These songs get into your head and fill your heart with God's Word. I usually have one continously running through my head everyday. They are so easy to learn and fun to listen to. Even Z who is 19 months has 2 favorite songs and recognizes them when they come on and she starts singing. So far they have 5 Cd's out: Seeds of Courage, Seeds of Faith, Seeds of Praise, Seeds of Purpose and Seeds of Encouragement. They just started recording a 6th: Seeds of Character that will come out in April.
A really neat thing that Seeds does is that each Cd that you buy actually comes with 2 identical Cd's. 1 to keep and 1 to give away. They want you to plant seeds of the Word of God into other people. What an awesome ministry! Check em' out! http://www.seedsfamilyworship.net/
Love the song you posted from the Seeds CD! I will be checking out their website!
ReplyDeleteLisa