So, I'm having a rough evening. Once again I am not enough for my kids. G is really struggling with daddy being gone.
Tonight her attitude was in full force. And to top it off I had her practice her saxophone. I should have know things would turn out ugly. Within the first 2 minutes yells of frustration could be heard throughout the house. She has vowed to quit and never tough the sax again.
I know nothing about saxophones, but guess who does. That's right, Dad. He played in high school and is the reason she chose to play it.
I just can't win. I don't know how to help her with her instrument or bring dad home to help her. And encouraging her with words is just not cutting it for her. I don't know what to do.
I just want to cry.
The only thing I can do is try to stay calm and pray. But sometimes it just feels like it isn't enough. I need Chris too.
I understand your feelings of not being 'enough' - we all experience those in some way, shape, or form, especially us Moms.
ReplyDeleteSarah, you are exactly the Mom that Grace needs, no matter what. And yes, Chris is exactly the Dad that she needs, and I know that you need him, too. God once spoke to me loud and clear, and I want to share with you what He said...He said, "You feel needy because you ARE needy - you need ME."
I pray every day for you guys, and I just continue to believe that God will sustain you, that He will speak His words of truth into your heart, that He will provide guidance and direction as you need it, and that your heart will stay open to Him so that you can always hear His voice.
This is a tough time for all of you, and it's okay to cry. Cry WITH Grace if needed, but know that it's okay. And once you wipe the tears away, pray with her, too.
God loves you all SOOOO much, sweetie, and He knows that you need Him. He's there - no matter what.
Wishing I could squeeze you tonight!
Stacy