Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day Twenty-Four

It's amazing what 24 hours of taking the right medicine can do for a person. Wow! I am becoming myself again.

Ruby my sweet 4 yr. old has quite the personality. Very dramatic with her facial expressions (as seen in the picture on day twenty-two), loves to talk and hear herself talk (translation: talks loudly), prefers to dance, skip, hop, gallop or anything else BUT walk, is very much into girly clothes and asking if her outfit is beautiful. If I had a dollar for every time she changes clothes in a day I would be rich! RubyDoo absolutely LOVES donuts and asks for them repetitively each and everyday after we drop the big girls off at school. She is a complete Daddy's Girl. And she keeps me hoping! 

Tonight in the car, Addie (8 yr.old) was talking non-stop about her day at school. I mean the girl barely stopped for air. From the way back seat Miss Ruby melodramatically sighed and said "Can you just stop talking!" I had to stop myself from laughing out loud. I wanted to say "Hello Pot this is your sister, Kettle!" I think my girls received the gift of non-stop gab from their Aunt JJ. It's scary to see how similar Ruby and her Aunt are--two peas in a pod!

I love my girls so much. I am blessed to be able to stay home with them everyday. Even though my days are filled with the same continuous questions, the loudness, the fighting over just about anything you could imagine, I wouldn't change it for the whole world!

Dear God, thank you for a husband who happily works hard to provide for me and his girls so I can stay home. Please help me not to take for granted the wonderful gift that he has given to me. I don't want to keep missing the good in my kids because I am weary of the bad. Please help me to be intentional about what I see in them and what I say to them. Help me to encourage and build them up. Let them never doubt how much I love them. Amen

                                                                        Grace 10

Addie 8

Ruby 4

Zoe 19 mon.

2 comments:

  1. I REALLY needed to hear that prayer!! Thank you for the encouragement Sarah!!
    Ruby...she was such a delight to be with last Sat night at church...I was helping in her room!! ":)

    ReplyDelete