As I look back over the last few days, two words come to my mind: grateful and blessed.
I am grateful for wonderful friends who have helped me around the house, grateful for the dinner invitation last night, and grateful for a fun play date today complete with really yummy sloppy joes! Being with other people really helps me not feel so lonely. It brings something new to my day--other adults to interact with :)
I am blessed beyond measure with friends who care deeply for me and my family. Friends that pray for us--even when the request is kind of silly. Friends who send me text messages to encourage me. Friends who hug me. Friends who will talk to my kids when I can't handle their attitudes anymore. Friends who are there to laugh and cry with.
After thinking about this I am starting to feel bad for Chris. He is far away from everyone who he is close to and I am here surrounded by friends and family. I pray that God would provide a Godly man in his unit that he could become friends with. Someone to encourage him in his walk with the Lord. Someone who he can talk to. As hard as it is for me to be without him, I bet it is way harder for him. I am here with familiar people, places, and things. He is out in the unfamiliar. I am in the comfort of our home. He is in a Quonset hut with 6 or 7 other guys. If you think of Chris please pray for him not to feel all alone, but that he would feel the closeness of the Holy Spirit.
This is a wonderful prayer intention for Chris! I will certainly pray for him, and will ask my small prayer group that meets Friday nights to pray too! We have already been praying for your family, but this specific prayer for Chris is very touching.
ReplyDelete