Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day Twenty-Five

I love Sundays.

I love going to church to pour out my praise and worship to God with other believers. I love the hearing the Word of God--even though today's message was a hard one to hear. I love leaving knowing that the God I serve is way bigger than anything that is thrown my way.

I also love Sundays because it means I just finished another week of Chris being gone. It means we are one small step closer to next October. So instead of having 52 weeks left, I now have only 48 weeks and 8 days. Ok, that's still a really really long time. :(  Maybe I won't start counting now.

But I will start the countdown to Wednesday when Chris comes home for his 4 day Thanksgiving break!! Only 2 days and 15 hours left!!

On a different note...I want to give a big shout out to Faith Lutheran School (where my 2 oldest go) and to the wonderful teachers, staff and parents for hosting a Military Parent's Day Out yesterday. There are 7 families with currently deployed parents/spouses within the church and school. 3 of the soldiers are in the same unit--Chris' unit. Faith decided to help out those families by giving the caregivers some free time. From 10am-2pm the loving people of Faith cared for, played with, fed, and did some fun activities with our kids. For FREE. I was humbled and blessed. These wonderful people have opened their arms to us and have been proactive in helping and blessing military families. Their Veteran's Day service was amazing and very thought provoking. They are doing a great job at showing the students why and how to honor our military. Thank you so much!!

G in Daddy's Iraq Uniform
on Veteran's Day at school


A is wearing Daddy's uniform too

No comments:

Post a Comment