Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day Eighty-eight

"For out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks." 

 Matt 12:34

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Ps. 51:10 

"May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my

Redeemer." Ps. 19:14

  Just when I thought my words were something that at times would just slip out, I am reminded that all of them come from somewhere deep within me. So when I say “Oops I didn’t mean to say that”,  in truth I should say “Oops I didn’t mean for you to hear that” or “Oops I didn’t mean to say that out loud”. What I said is really what I wanted to say, I just didn’t want to be held responsible for it.
It hurts a lot more when I know that I am not just having issues with my mouth but with my heart. It goes so much deeper than not having self-control. I guess I need to do some deep cleaning, making sure I get all the corners.

Heavenly Father,
Please show me what is hidden in my heart that is polluting my words. Help me get rid of bitterness, anger, hurt, pride, and unbelief. Thank you for loving me even with all of my faults and for giving me grace and mercy time and time again. In Jesus name, Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment