I have so many things going through my head. Most of it centers around feeling sorry for my hubby. He is missing so much and has to live with so little.
It's amazing how much Zoe has changed in the 92 days that he has been gone. Her vocabulary, her understanding of how things work, her ability to do things and her sense of humor are all growing and changing everyday. She will look and act so differently by the time Chris comes home. But one thing will not have changed....her knowledge of how much her daddy loves her. I ask her every night before bed, "Do you know daddy loves you?" "Yes!", she says. "How much does daddy love you?", I ask. And then we hold out her hands as wide as we can and I say "This much!" Zoe laughs and shakes her head yes.
Chris is a wonderful Daddy. Each one of his girls knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that he loves them. He says "I love you!" all the time, he gives the best hugs, even his smile says "I love you".
Chris,
I love you Chris!! All your girls love you, miss you and wish we could make your time away better. We wish your living conditions were better and that your internet service worked better considering how much you're paying for it. We can't wait to be able to have a conversation with you when we can hear every syllable (not just every other one) and when there is no long delay. We are extremely thankful that you are safe and that we can at least hear most of your voice when you call. We hope you can feel our love helping you get through each day. We feel yours holding us up and giving us a reason to get up every morning and take on the day ahead. XOXOXO Me, Grace, Addie, Ruby, and Zoe.
I'm thankful for:
21. The deer meat that fills our freezer courtesy of Chris.
22. Eating apples and cheddar cheese.
23. Aunt Leah for reminding me that we are all human and not perfect. Love you!
24. my fuzzy slippers
25. sweet potato fries
26. The Jesus Storybook Bible--I highly recommend it! Amazing!--Thanks Casey! :)
27. God's "never stopping, never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever love" (quote from The Jesus Storybook Bible)
28. The sunshine and 42 degrees today.
29. The Office reruns
30. A certain 10 yr old for giving her 2 little sisters baths while I cooked dinner.
It is so amazing how quickly kids grow. Have you thought about taking lots of pictures and then putting them in a slideshow for Chris when he gets home? It can kind of document their growth. Reuben and I did something similar for our families for Christmas except we made ours into a little "movie".
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you were able to get that book! The boys all love it, we read a story from it on most nights before bed. It is amazing!
ReplyDelete