Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day Ninety-five

Well, you saw my 782nd flaw yesterday. I am not very graceful when I am under fire. I tend like to pout. I tend like to stomp my feet and yell when I mad or frustrated. Yesterday (and many days before) I was upset about the conditions my hubby is having to endure. My heart was hurting for him. I was mad for him. I was mad that I couldn't fix it all. So instead of turning to the One that gives us peace beyond our understanding and takes care of all of our needs, I acted like a child.

I wish I were like the people you see who are so calm, quiet, and peaceful while under fire. You can just see that their countenance reflects God. I am not there yet and don't know if I will ever be.

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from Your presence or take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." Psalm 51:10-12

"Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools"
Ecclesiastes 7:9

I am Thankful for:

51. Finally hearing my hubby's voice without delay or static this morning!!
52. Even though I sat alone at church I wasn't really alone. God was with me.
53. Lunch with wonderful friends.
54. Having the waiter compliment us for having very well behaved children. There were 9 children (ages 2-12) and only 3 adults.
55. My kids saving their bad behavior for when we weren't in public.
56. Lazlo's beer bread dipped in honey mustard. Yum!!
57. A sweet hug from a fellow Bible study friend who I haven't seen for many months.
58. Having her tell me that she was thinking about me yesterday and started praying for me.
59. God's grace and mercy that are new every morning.
60. My bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment