Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day Sixty-seven

I am so not ready for school to start back tomorrow. I love Christmas break!

No, it's not just because I love my girls and love being with them everyday all day. It's not just because I haven't had to drive the 80 miles to take them to and from school. It's not just because we have been able to stay out late with friends and family having a blast and keeping our minds and hands busy.

The main reason is really selfish. I am going to miss sleeping in until 8:30 and dare I say sometimes later. I love to sleep! And fortunately I have kids that like to as well. Addie, my earliest riser, is up around 8 and is content to turn on the T.V. and watch cartoons until the rest of us get up. The next one up is Ruby. She too is happy to go and watch a few cartoons until hunger takes over. Now Grace and Zoe. They are a mother's dream.

Grace is rarely out of bed before 10. There were a few days this break when she would wake up around 11. I have envied her. Zoe, my sweet baby, has the same love of sleep as her big sister. It is normal for it to be 9:30 or 10:00 and Addie will ask if she can go and wake Zoe up. Once after a really late night out, Zoe slept until 11:30! What's even better is that the child will still take a 2 1/2 hr nap in the afternoon and be ready for bed around 9pm. God knew I needed a child like this.

Sorry if have had caused you to hate me or my children. Take heart in knowing that tomorrow my sleepy little world will be over and it will be back to the reality of getting up by 6:30 to wake up all my sleepy heads and start our daily routine over again.  

1 comment:

  1. I hear you girl, I am right there with you. Tomorrow morning will come to early, and I have LOVED sleeping late and snuggling and wearing PJ's, sitting by the fire and enjoying the sleep with my kids, over this break.
    Bless you,
    Praying for you all, every day!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete