Monday, January 10, 2011

Day Seventy-five

It's days like this that I really miss my hubby!

It snowed all day. Big beautiful flakes quietly falling from the sky. I love watching it snow.But that's about all I loved about it today. Call me spoiled but Chris is usually the one who clears the snow from our driveway, porch and walkway. And I am the one who gives him hugs and kisses when he comes back inside.

Today it was up to me to get everything cleared. I bundled up, went to the garage and tried to start up the snow blower. After some help from a phone-a-friend, I got the thing started. And away I went. I made it all the way down to the bottom of the driveway and then it died. At first I was confident I could start it up again. After several pulls on the cord thingy and a few kicks for good measure, I realized it was a lost cause.

I pushed the dead machine back up the driveway, grumbled, complained and cried for a bit. I was so mad at myself for not knowing how to fix it. Frustrated that I couldn't figure out why it worked one minute and the next it didn't. If Chris were here he would know exactly what to do. Actually, he would not have had the problem in the first place. I threw my little tantrum and then picked myself back up and grabbed the snow shovel.

It took me an hour and a half, but I got it done. Me:1 Snow:0 

Now if I could just figure out a way to make flat "Chris" actually earn his keep and not just be a handsome window dressing.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment